“Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” ~ Albert Einstein
To Students or Parents of (High School/College/Post):
In this post you will discover 10 ‘Kwik Tips’ for better grades in less time. But first, a few questions…
- Are you frustrated with how much time it takes to memorize or cram?
- Do you feel you have to work harder and study longer than others?
- Are you overloaded with information you need to read and learn?
If you answered ‘Yes’, then I can relate.
People ask how I started on the path of teaching Kwik Learning’s speed-reading, memory and study strategies.
My inspiration was my desperation.
Here’s the ‘kwik’ of it:
Years ago when I entered college, I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume, difficulty and demands of what I had to read, remember and study. To say that I was ill prepared for the workload, would be an understatement. The growing amount of class work became akin to taking a sip of water from a fire hose and drowning.
It got so bad during midterms, I was practically living in the library, and one day, after weeks of little sleeping and eating, I collapsed from exhaustion and woke up two days later in the infirmary. Sitting in my hospital bed, on the brink of a nervous breakdown, I knew I couldn’t continue down this insane path. Doing more of what was barely working, studying longer, memorizing, cramming, stressing, pushing harder was not the answer.
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” I remember thinking ‘this is crazy, there must be a better way.’
I realized school was a great place to learn “what” to learn, but not “HOW” to learn. That you can take courses in trigonometry, oceanography, and 18th century European history, but there were no classes called “memory,” “study,” “listening,” or “speed-reading.”
Maybe 100, 50, or even 25 years ago, that was ok. But in today’s fast paced competitive information age, the shear amount of data is growing at staggering rates. It is clear that mind power is fast replacing muscle power.
We live in an age of jet planes and space craft, yet our vehicle of choice is the horse and buggy.
So I’ve dedicated my life to discover and share the most practical and productive strategies to ‘upgrade our brain’, so you can achieve the results and rewards you desire and deserve.
Since that time, I’ve taught Kwik Reading, Kwik Recall and Kwik Thinking at companies all over the country.
Our premiere training for students, KWIK STUDENT, has been taught to students from Harvard to NYU.
Here are 10 Kwik Tips for Your Academic Success:
- Have a ‘Can Do’ Attitude - it’s cliche, but your attitude determines your altitude, in school and in life. When school challenges come, remember that you can’t direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails.
- Manage Your Time - we are all unique, with different talents and treasures, but not time. We all have 24 hrs in a day. What you do with that time makes all the difference.
- Play Full Out - go to class, ask questions, and do the assignments. Get to know your teachers/professors by visiting the during office hours. There may be benefits from them knowing your name and face.
- Take Notes & Review - it is suggested that taking notes can improve your retention of what you hear up to 50% or more. Don’t wait to review your notes the night before the exam. For stronger recall, use spaced repetition and review key information 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month later.
- Get & Stay Organized - keeping organized will save you valuable time. “A place for everything, and everything in its place.”
- Discover Your Preferred Learning Style - it’s not as much ‘how smart are you?’ but rather ‘how are you smart?’ Sometimes in class, if you are not ‘getting it’, it might not be the lesson, but how the lesson is being presented is different than how you process. It’s like trying to write with your opposite hand…you can do it, but it takes longer and the quality is not as great.
- Take Care of Yourself - your ability to learn and think is influenced by the state of health of your body and brain. Do you have the physical and mental energy and focus needed to succeed academically? Rest, proper eating, and exercise go a very long way.
- Setup Your Space - create a positive environment to study and you begin to associate these spots to greater learning and productivity. Rooms that are either too boring or too busy can distract from learning. Good lighting is key. Baroque music that plays at 60 beats per minute has been shown to help learning.
- Start/Join a Study Group - who you spend time with is who you become. Gather with others who will raise your game and take class/learning seriously. Teaching others is one of the best ways to deepen your understanding of a subject. Remember that learning is collaborative and cooperative process, make the most of it.
- Be a Kwik Learner & Study SMARTER, not just harder. There is no such thing as a good or bad student, but a trained student and an untrained student.
Special Invitation: On July 19th, for the first time ever, we will release our most complete and comprehensive academic success program, Kwik Student.
In this program you’re going to discover the most advanced technologies for memorizing more, reading faster, and studying with power. This material requires no special skills or previous experience. You’ll be using these strategies that you learn IMMEDIATELY and seeing better results almost instantly.
Are You Ready For a Proven Fast-Track Shortcut to Better Grades, with Personalized Training & Step-By-Step Techniques for Reading Faster, Memorizing More, Sharpening Focus, while Cutting Study Time?